In the Studio

SGAA 2016 Chicago Conference

7/17/2016 8:09:06 PM

Alice Millar Chapel - the one and only photo from the conference.

I wrote this from a hotel room in Chicago. Yup, the windy city, and only a couple blocks from Lake Michigan. Why? Because I attended the annual Stained Glass Association of America’s conference – the SGAA for short – and Oh. My. Gosh. I listened to my colleagues give talks on business issues like working your art into your work, copyright infringements, and stolen property; new LED lighting specifically for stained glass; silver stains (exactly what they sound like); the diverse and varied history of American art glass and how it was so influential to Europe [...]

Read More

SGAA 2015 Portland Conference

7/13/2015 8:22:36 PM

Beyond the Stars – my entry for the annual SGAA competition. While it did not win any ribbons, it got a lot of compliments for the dichroic glass star

Stained Glass Association of America Conference… AKA: meeting new people and reconnecting with friends. This year the conference for me was way better than the last (which was my first conference). Sure, last year I won an award, but I didn’t know anyone, and since I was so nervous about meeting so many new people that knew way more about glass than I did, I spent more time quaking in my sandals rather than having fun getting to know people and listening to the lectures. This year, those same people just weren’t as scary; I’d met many of [...]

Read More