In the Studio

February Snow

3/12/2019 12:24:33 PM

Cold, Snow, and Shows! January and February have FLOWN by, and I write this after I just finished shoveling. Again. But the sun will soon be shining, and I can smell spring in the air (aah-aaah-aaachoooo!) even though there's still feet of snow on the ground. I have been busy in the studio getting ready for my Spring Shows and catching up on the commissions from last year. I have also been working with a business consultant from the St. Thomas Small Business Development Center, and am almost 'finished' with my business plan, as well as working on the strategic plan and action [...]

Read More

11 Open Studio Tips

3/24/2013 3:05:33 PM

2013 Spring Art Crawl postcard

I have an open studio 3-4 times a year. Two of them are in conjunction with the Saint Paul Art Crawl and I invite guest artists to show their work with me. It has become a fun collaborative event! Here are 11 things you must do to promote your open studio event: Postcards – mail and hand out to everyone I know and many I don’t. Make sure you have contact information, address and a small map (or QR code linking to a Google map) Email blasts – I try to limit this to only 2; one announcing the event, and the second a simple reminder [...]

Read More

Rolling in the Deep, leaded glass window by Josephine Geiger, won a media award for the 2012 Spring Art Crawl.

This is the press release (hence the third person) written for the studio Art Crawl: Josephine A. Geiger, who has won numerous media awards for the Saint Paul Art Crawl, has invited three other artists to “Crawl Off the Map” and into her Eastside studio this spring. In addition to her own art glass, there’s Beth Colaizy of Rustic Road Studio, a stoneware potter; Brenda Brousseau of Luna C. Bede, a beadwork & jewelry artist; and Tracie Thompson, a painter and mixed media artist whose animal portraits sell to national and international clients.   Geiger was recently featured on TPT’s MN Original, and has become nationally known for [...]

Read More